Thursday, August 29, 2013

About Me....


     I was born and lived in Savannah, Georgia until I was 18 years old. After graduating high school from Savannah Arts Academy with a major in Theatre, I moved to New York City to pursue a modeling career. I began modeling before high school, and I have traveled extensively through this line of work. I have modeled for many major fashion designers and magazines in Europe, Asia, and the United States. These jobs include runway, showroom, print-work, and television. I have modeled everything from clothes, accessories, jewelry, hair and cosmetics. In addition, I have participated in charity events, segments on TV shows, red carpet events, promotional events, trade shows, as well as speaking and teaching engagements with new models. I have been in NYC for the past 12 years working in the fashion industry while also attending school at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and New York Film Academy (NYFA). I have certificates in Event Planning from FIT and Acting for Film and Television from NYFA. I recently graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Advertising, Marketing and Communications from FIT. I am very passionate about starting a career in Public Relations, Advertising and Event Planning. As I have grown older, I have tried to broaden my field of work to include other aspects of the fashion industry. After years of always being in front of the camera, my interest was peaked to know what it would be like to be behind the camera lens. From here, my interest in photography grew. I particularly love to shoot objects that spark up an emotion or feeling within myself that creates a pulling or an effect of being drawn to. I hope with my passion for creativity and fashion that I am able to capture art that people will see and realize the beauty and uniqueness that I see when I look through the lens of my camera.
FOCUS 2 INSPIRE.....
~Rebecca Holliday Avallone

No comments:

Post a Comment